1.12.2009

I've Loved You So Long


I knew nothing about this movie, just that Kristin Scott Thomas was the lead. I didn't even know it was a french movie until it started.

I am so grateful that I didn't know anything about this movie because the experience would have been ruined had I known any part of the story. So, I will not tell you any part of the story because I don't want to ruin your experience. I would encourage you to stop reading anything (save my blog) in regard to this movie, because the movie could easily be summed up in a concise sentence : it is about . . .

But, that one sentence is so beautifully and craftily unfolded with such delicacy and arts-man-ship in to a stunning movie. 

"I've Loved You So Long" inspires me to want to be able to write a screenplay the way "Angels in America" inspired me to want to learn to write plays and "Opening Night" by John Cassavetes inspired me to want to learn how to be a filmmaker. 

Go see it! So we can talk about it!!


4 comments:

  1. write me a part please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just signed the screenwriter! They announced it today :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL...would that I had the money! One of these days I won't be a broke college student, and then I'll get to go do lots of stuff again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohh...I look forward to seeing it, and then discussing afterwards...you have never lead me astray.

    ReplyDelete