12.01.2008

I SAW STEVE!!


I'm still a little giddy with excitement. Right before I got off work, I looked over to the next line and saw Steve from Sex and the City. He looks exactly the same in person, and I got so excited. I was glad he wasn't in my line because I don't know if I would have been able to contain myself. I've seen many celebrities at the Toluca Lake Trader Joe's, and I never get star struck.

But, I do get character struck.

I love Steve. I mean : how can you not love Steve!?

I realized the actor portraying Steve isn't even a real person to me; as I looked at him, all I could see was Steve. I didn't see a three-dimensional person with his own life, his own joys, his own problems.

Then I thought, it's kind of sad for an actor to be so identified as as a particular character because if I can't even see him as separate from Steve, how could I possibly accept him in another role?

What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. I wouldnt think about his non "work" persona either. When there exists a character in film or tv show that you like, its hard to look past that, and many times you dont want to because they may not meet your expectations. It can be really sad when you find out they arent what you expected, sometimes its better to keep them in the movie or tv show you originally met them in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!!!! I would have been starstruck too!!! I ADORE STEVE. I think he's the hottest man on the planet, and yes you're right, part of it is his character on Sex and the City, but He is soooo damned cute with those big expressive eyes,and sexy smile!

    ReplyDelete